Slow Leak...

One of my tires has a slow leak... it will lose about 10lbs over 2 weeks, another 5 over the next 2, and then remain somewhat stable over the next few months...

No hole to be found, valve seems Ok.. maybe the rim?

Is there any liquid fill that might work? Thanks!

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

I would take it to a tire shop for examination and repair.

Reply to
Mr. V

i've had this with a couple of tyres - in both cases it was the valve that needed replacing.

E.

Reply to
eastender

Thanks all... I took the smart way out.. I brought the car into a tire guy... submerged and all, he could not find any leak....(there is a slight bend on the inside rim..)...

So I asked him anyway to replace the valve, inspect, and remount with bead-seal (both sides), and re- balance..

Let's see how thinks go form here....

Thanks again!

eastender wrote:

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

If the valve has not been replaced in 3-4 years it might get a bit hard or even split, but I find the main problem with older car is corrosion on the rim. The only proper solution is a sand down by hand respray the sealing rim with primer/paint/lacquer. Alternatively you can get a professional full restore with sand blast etc, but watch for those guys that just do a cosmetic job and don;t do the inside.

This certainly works with alloys, but is alot harder with steel rims, normally I replace with good alloys then.

-- Tony

Reply to
Tony

Thank you Tony-

For sure, these wheels are a little beaten up- the previos owner really didn't respect this car... and perhaps I jumped a little too quickly... not many convertibles were around at the time....

So far, it seems Ok.. still keeping an eye on it....