V70 XC rear set belt stuck

Hello, There are some posts here and elsewhere about stuck rear seat belts, after the seat has been down to allow cargo. As advised in these messages, I unbolted the seatbelt from the floor, which allowed the seat back to flip back up to normal position (it was prevented from doing this by the stuck belt). Once up, the seat belt retractor frees up, but the belt still doesn't come out, maybe because the plastic stop thingie has landed inside the retractor? So in the other messages the problem was solved at this stage, while I still can't get the belt to come out. Any and all help is much appreciated!

Rob M

Reply to
RobM

maybe my favorite tool a hammer abiet a rubber mallet in fact may loosen the ball in side .I have done this and it worked

Reply to
John Robertson

It sounds like the small button stop has become stuck under the plastic trim very gently try & raise the trim until you are able to remove from the trim

Reply to
Glenn Klein