SRS light stays lit upon starting, wipers and radio don't work

Got a 1990 740 Turbo with an assortment of interesting problems. When started, half the time the SRS light stays lit. When this happens, the wipers and radio (and lord knows what else) don't work. The radio is stock, and hasn't been replaced or messed with as far as I can tell. If I restart the car, the SRS light doesn't stay lit about half the time, but it has occasionally taken 3-4 restarts to get the light to turn off. This happened last during a heavy rainstorm and I'm not eager to repeat this experience. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
Skonnie

My first thought is the ignition switch.

Reply to
Mike F