"Station wagons have achieved respectability"

Station wagons have achieved respectability at http://www.washtimes.com/autoweekend/20061026-125147-9587r.htm

Well, in some parts of the world, the Volvo wagon(estate) is tops
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/05102006/140/best-car-sex.html
Great honors for a marvelous motorcar
yea, the v70 & v70r's are nice rides.....i think the volvo wagons were "out lawed" from racing...for a spell cause the were too fast.....years ago, i think...

Mike wrote:

I never thought they had lost respectability, especially those made by Volvo. I'm not that familiar with VW wagons, so that comment may apply to them. Although, the Passatt is a noice wagon, if smaller than the V70.
i can't think of any autos that compair to the v70r i drive around for a few hrs,,,
nive, very responsive wagon...lots of room and power,,,,a bit pricy though.....for what you got...a used one may be worth the $ if it had < than, say 20k miles.....

~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:

Hi Beancounter:
What kind of mileage do you get with the R?
Why did you choose the Wagon over the S60?
Thanks Larry
i did not purchase the v70r, i just drive it around for a few hours...i think the miliage, in crusie mode would be around 25-29mph, less if you drive hard....i also drove the s60 a bit, but is was too small in the rear seats...i ended up w/a s80t6