Stop lights burning all the time

After testing brakes (and churning off the summer rost from the rear brake discs), I noticed that stop lights now burn all the time in my Volvo S70. Is it because brake pedal position sensor is bad? Is it easy change on your own or should I take the car to the shop?

Thanx for any and all help in advance.

Reply to
Curt H.

I mean brake lights of course.

Reply to
Curt H.

The switch is easily accessible by just removing the panel over the driver's feet. The switch is just snapped into its bracket.

Reply to
Mike F

Thanx! I removed the panel and checked the micro-switch. It was not bad, it had just moved too far backwards in the bracket. Obviously its meant that the switch would self-adjust its position against the pedal in the bracket. When the brake pedal is quickly released it may bounce and push the switch too far deep in its bracket. That was at least my analysis what had happened. I just pushed with a finger the switch deeper in the holder. It this problem repeats, I've to develop some kind of fix to it (secure the switch on its position with clue or tape etc)

Reply to
Curt H.

Seems like a stupid setup, I don't think I've ever seen a brakelight switch problem in any of the older cars, if it wasn't broken why'd they fix it and change the design?

Reply to
James Sweet

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Sounds like they made it more expensive though.

Reply to
James Sweet

No, it's cheaper. Now it just snaps together. Saves all that time wasted twirling that nut when installing the older type threaded one.

Reply to
Mike F