Surpise - it's covered by the recall 1999 S70

I got a pleasant surprise today when I brought in my

99 S70GLT for an oil change. I was going to buy 2 new lowbeam bulbs, as both just burned out. They told me that there was a recall on the headlight cable, and they replaced it including bulbs free. They also replaced the turn signal sockets under recall. My left turn signal has been flashing too fast lately, and I was expecting to have to pay for something there too. There was a third recall - replace the steering stops.

I never received a letter about any of the 3 recalls, so it was a pleasant surprise. Maybe this is old news, but there was no mention of it at my service in May.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

These recalls have been around for several years now - my car was done in 2001. Are you sure that you didn't get new headlight wiper stops, not steering stops?

Reply to
Mike F

The item on my bill says "stop lug part #8628222", they said it was steering related. But the wiper stops do look brand new. It would not surprise me if they told me wrong information.

Maybe they only perform the recall work when there is a problem???

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I think lot of "non-serious" recall repairs are fixed at service time. Yuo just have to go to Volvo for a service....

Reply to
PM

Reply to
d_s_heach

The "resistor" is simply an extension harness that relies on the additional connection and short length of wire to limit the voltage available to the bulb. Just remove it and plug the old harness back into the light.

Reply to
Mike F