SYNTHETIC OILS 850 ?

I was told by club members that Mobil one is causing seals to blow on the rear main in 850s any one know of this ?. Personally I am using BP synthetic 5000 in two cars no problems in fact my used oil is in other cars who find that they burn less using my old synthetic oil .I heard the seals don't like something in Mobil 1 ,but we used it a bit of a while no problems ,but in out 740 turbos that is ,not the 850s .

Reply to
John Robertson

WE have been using synthetic oil in our 850 since we bought it close to a year ago. It has a tight engine. No leaks at 120K km. WE found out recently that it had NO block heater in it - because it was kept in a garage (unheated) and used synthetic oil. WE just had a block heater installed - after all this is Manitoba and we can get occasional winter temps at -40C.

Synthetic oil is what we use. Ursa Premium TDX that I get in 5gal (US) pails. Costs a lot less than buying oil at Canadian Tire, and it is a

200 hour rated oil for HD use in tractor-trailers. Works fine in our other vehicles too.

Are you say> I was told by club members that Mobil one is causing seals to blow on

Reply to
Ken Pisichko

Reply to
Ken Pisichko