Throttle Position Sensor

Hello All,

I have been having trouble with my 850 GTE 10v 2.5L 1995 when warm starting. I got some excellent advice from this list about cleaning the idle air control valve. I did this and things have been much better.

However, I am now getting the warning light coming on on the dashboard indicating that part of the fuel injection has failed and the car needs to be seen by a dealer.

I have 2-4-3 codes showing up in the computer - 'Throttle Position Sensor Signal Outside Voltage Range'. I clear the error and the light goes off on the dash. I have had this about four times in the last week.

The car does not seem to run differently and starts first time.

Does anyone know whether this fault is easily fixed? Is there a component I can buy to fit or is this just a symptom of something that needs to be investigated more deeply? If the signal voltage is out of range does that not imply the sensor is working but broken and I can simply fit a new one?

Any advice much appreciated,

Cheers, Noel

Reply to
Noel

I had the throttle body housing cleaned when this was happening to mine....not got a fault code since.

Reply to
Conrad Edwards

It's possible that you "drowned" your throttle switch with cleaning fluid, and you need a new one now. This part is also not the most reliable, so it may just have gone bad.

Reply to
Mike F