89 230F rear main seal

A friend gave me this 89 245 with a blown head gasket. I replaced the head gasket and when i started running it i found that the camshaft and crankshaft seals were leaking......what a mess! I replaced them and now it apears that the rear main is leaking also. My question is: would the blown head gasket cause these seals to leak? I also replaced the flametrap.

Thanks in advance Dave

Reply to
D. Kocher

the motot prob got hot b4 the head gasket blew...this can cause all sorts of other problems and issues to arise...imho...all the way to a worse case senario...very high heat...and all plastic pieces in the motor compartment can melt down.......

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^