trigger lock sticks on model S70 automatic transmission gear shift

There is a trigger lock on the handle of the gear shift lever on my

2000 S70 with automatic transmission. Mine is sticking. If it sticks I can slide the lever between all gears. When it sticks in Park I cannot remove the key when the engine is turned off.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thank you.

Reply to
wmoraca

Replace the shifter knob under $50.00 US from the dealer Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Klein

I pulled the plastic trigger handle off, sprayed the inside works with WD-40. Its been working ever since, several months now! Good luck

Reply to
Mystical