Tune up and Idle still Sucks

Thanks for the advice. I'll get some Carb cleaner. jimmy

Reply to
jimmy

Well, I finally got to change out my waterpump but it took so dang long I didn't get around to cleaning my IACV! Oh well, at least I haven't seen any leaks yet ;-) I'll give the IACV another shot this weekend and let ya'll know how that turns out. Thanks again for all the help. This list is a great resource. jimmy

Reply to
jimmy

Sorry for all the posts but I wanted to let you all know how it ended. I just got back in from attempting to clean my IACV and it was unsuccessful. The type I have (Regina) could not be opened (although it did turn thanks to two channel locks) so I wasn't able to clean the insides. Did no good whatsoever. On the bright side, I just got a new job (now I have three! ;-) that pays enough that I will be able to take it in and have a professional take care of it all. I expect with the new clutch the bill will be $1,000. at least... I may sell it after all that and look into getting a nice used Toyota ;-) take it easy, jimmy

Reply to
jimmy