Turbo lag nasty on my 99 V70R

I find that the turbo lag on my 99 V70R is extreme and perhaps the engine is not as peppy as it should be. I get no check engine lights and the dealer has gets no codes when scanned but it just doesn't seem right. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
MHF

You need to compare it to another car to see if indeed there is something wrong with your car.

Reply to
Mike F

I recently purchased a W Reg V70 T5, 80k on the clock, not yet too familiar with the car but now find turbo lag more pronounced at some times than others for no apparent reason.

Today I put my foot down at about ten mph to nip out into a trafic stream and the engine just would not pull or rev for about ten to fifteen seconds, giving me quite a nasty moment and some not too complementary gestures from the guy bearing down on me at a rate of knots.

Afterwards I tried to reproduce the same conditions and the engine seemed to work O.K. An hour later the "thing" let me down again when I needed the acceleration it just was not there.

Anyone else had this experience.

Regards, Brian.

Reply to
brian

I have had this a couple of times on my 99 S70T5, though far not this bad (say two seconds, maybe three). I had always thought it was either traction control being too clever or the automatic too slow, not turbo lag. Maybe I am just finding excuses for the turbo that I love.

-zee

Reply to
8171

I have an '96 850 turbo, and I get about 2 seconds of lag... just today I was merging into a lane of traffic, I was going about 20mph and as I merged in I realized there was a car coming up very fast behind me.. I hammered the throttle. In the interval of time it takes to sneeze and wipe your face, the 850 slung me, guts buried into the seat back to 60 mph in a 35mph zone in about 3 seconds... the car behind me a distant memory.

Later on the freeway, at 70mph I buried the gas pedal into the floor to pass a car and the speedometer went .. 70, 80, 90, 100mph in the time it takes to say it fast. You can have your turbo tested...

Reply to
Fred K

Gee I remember that feeling in my 95 850 Turbo wagon, but it's just not the same in the 99V70R. The car is just too heavy for that type of "get up" even with the 25 extra hp.

Reply to
MHF

Depends on your revs, if you need to move quickly, drop the car down a cog or two ( even if its an automatic) and keep the revs up. Turbo sports cars these days get twin turbos to reduce lag.

Still no substitue for cubic inches though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------- "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!"

Protected by GIANT Company's Spam > >

Reply to
Peter