what do these OBD codes mean?

99 RX 300-check engine light came on, had it scanned and there were 4 codes that came up-P0125 and P1133 which are related, P171, and then P1155 which according to Lexus is a ghost code. I was given an est. of $1075 to replace two sensors and was told that might not take care of the ghost code. It is not under warranty any longer. Can anyone give me suggestions as to what these codes really mean, and if I need to have Lexus repair it or get a 2nd opinion somewhere else. Does $1075 seem outrageous?
Reply to
Susan P via CarKB.com

first thing is to check it gets hot enough, these codes could all be from a dodgy thermostat or even just a poor connection

Reply to
mrcheerful

I would get a 2nd opinion. Try and find an independent repair shop with the proper equipment and qualified technicians. Those codes only give you a place to start the diagnosis. hth and good luck.

Reply to
Ed Smith

Here is my suggestion. Clean your MAF sensor. At least 2 things are likely to happen. 1] your car will run smoother. 2] chances are these ghost readings may go away.

I used this method when i got code p0171 and the check engine light has remained off. i can not tell if they gave you the wrong code for p171, i never heard of that one, but i dont have much experience with these. If this is your prob, then p0171, and p1133 may go away.

p0125 p1133 p0171--? p1155

maybe other folks can help with other codes.

Fish.

Reply to
fish

Oh, and here is a link to look up them OBD codes

fish

Reply to
New Owner

This is the DIY i used to guide me through the process. its easy.

2&c Fish

Reply to
fish

Reply to