Turn signal vs. Hazards

I have an '84 244 turbo and I have a strange electrical problem with the turn signals. Using the left or right turn signal greatly loads the electrical system (voltmeter goes down from about 18 to around

12-13) but using the hazards causes only a normal load to the system. Seems strange since the hazards use twice the number of bulbs. Anyone have any thoughts?

-Zoltan

Reply to
zoltan

Thought 1: Your voltage is way too high. Thought 2: The problem is with the turn signal switch. Disconnect the blue or green wire from the switch and touch it to the yellow wire. This should start one of the signals, see what happens.

Reply to
Mike F

Check the hazard light switch too, everything routes through that switch.

Reply to
James Sweet