Turn Signal help!

199 Isuzu rodeo. Turn signals just stopped working. They do not flash. Bulbs, lights work fine because Hazards flash in both directions as normal. I also check the fuse and it is fine as well. Any thoughts? It's probably an electrical problem in the turn signal stem or dash.

I know that cleaning the turn signal stem may fix the problem, but how do I disassemble the steering column, etc?

thank you!

Reply to
bridget.m.fitzgerald

Replace the thermal flasher before you do anything else. The thermal flasher is a small, round device usually located in or near the fuse panel. They cost a few bucks and just pull out from its holder. Replace that before start toying with anything else.

See this for more info:

jerryrigged

Don't assume because the hazards work OK that the problem isn't the turn signal flasher. They are two separate and different pieces.

Pop

Reply to
Pop

The hazard lights use a different flasher and a different fuse than the signals. You can 'usually' swap over the flasher unit from the hazards to test the signal one.

Mike

Mike Romain