'94 Suburban Turn Signal

My turn signals stopped working in the last few days. The flashers still function properly, but when I try to use a turn signal nothing happens. Since flashers are working I am thinking this is likely a problem with the switch in the steering column.

First question is whether this logic seems correct. Second question is how hard is it to replace.

Thanks in advance,

Kirk

Reply to
Kirk Grau

Its your turn signal flasher. The hazards work with a different flasher. It should be plugged into your fuse box.

Reply to
George

OK, I replaced the flasher, but still no go. Back to the original thoughts?

Thanks Again,

Kirk

Reply to
Kirk Grau

You are "sure" that you replaced the "correct" flasher?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Yes, I went back to basics yesterday in the light of day and found a fuse that had blown. Replaced the fuse and went for a drive only to have it blow after a while. Now I am looking for a dead short somewhere. Any help trying to trouble shoot this and narrow down the possibilities would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kirk

Reply to
Kirk Grau