Unbalanced V70?

My wife traded in her S40 for a 2001 V70, 2.4 model with 74,000 miles, a few weeks ago. After driving it for a while i've found that it seems to have an unbalanced feel to the engine/transmission - difficult to describe - that makes it rather tiring to drive. It has this vibrating feel at most speeds, although the steering wheel is pretty steady.

The dealer is going to balance the wheels (it's running on Pirelli p6000s) and check the steering geometry - but I was wondering if there is something else we should be checking.

Thanks

Marc

Reply to
marcb

My V70 runs quite smoothly BUT I once threw a balance weight from a wheel and it fely very shaky to drive.

A good start. I found that the style of tyre, pressure and treadwear also makes a difference. I changed my Pirellis (when they were worn out) for some Goodyear Grid II and they feel much better. There seems to be a lot of good (and bad) feedback through the steering.

Reply to
anne onymous