Unbalanced Volvo V70?

My wife traded in her S40 for a 2001 V70, 2.4 model with 74,000 miles, a

few weeks ago. After driving it for a while i've found that it seems to have an unbalanced feel to the engine/transmission - difficult to describe - that makes it rather tiring to drive. It has this vibrating feel at most speeds, although the steering wheel is pretty steady.

The dealer is going to balance the wheels (it's running on Pirelli p6000s) and check the steering geometry - but I was wondering if there is something else we should be checking.

Thanks

Marc

Reply to
marcb

The V70 has a reputation for getting through engine mounts, maybe that's it?

Cheers,

Lee.

Reply to
lee.bohan

I'd agree on this, the mounts do seem to break up / fail on the new shape V70, whereas on the Classic / S70 they never go! They are gylcol filled, and if they burst the engine rests directly on the subframe.

Check especially the steady bar at the top of the engine firewall, although you dont mention excessive driveline shunt which would be the case if it has broken (allows the engine to rock forward and back)

Otherwise it should drive very smoothly and 'relaxingly'.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Top engine mount, or really badly warped discs.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp