Used Volvo CD-changer or suitable non-Volvo but compatible for 1996 850

Just happened to notice the price of a new CD-changer at the dealer (OUCH!!!! ... sounds of testicular retraction)

I'm about to go digging around for a used changer but would like a reasonable figure for one in fairly good condition.

Also, since I can only assume that my car's previous owner had a Volvo-compatible one installed (got 50-foot length of wire with the right connector hanging off of the ront kick panel and dangling under the rear deck), I'll go for anything that's plug-compatible without rewiring.

Reply to
bdealhoy

Interface converters exist for non-Volvo changers. Here's one for Alpine - Volvo:

Or, skip the changer and get an Ipod, and interface it to the stock radio with these two items:

the adapter cable:
Hide these items, run the Ipod connector to you armrest compartment or glovebox and rip you CD collection into the Ipod.

If my changer ever fails, I'll probably take this option. No reloading magazines..

Doug Warner

skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

HI Try this

Per Rasmussen