which chevy fan fits 91 740

anybody know which chevy heater fan fits my 91 740--seems like I've used an 80's mid size, but can't remember and parts guys not as workable as before. billy

Reply to
bk

bk wrote in news:4Mkpe.1554$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

From memory, try a "citation". Get back and let me know if my memory is any good.

Reply to
newtovolvo

If the '91 uses the same fan as an '87, then the fan from a Celebrity or Citation amoung others of the same year will fit.

Reply to
James Sweet

I imagine it is the same as for our '85; a Citation/Celebrity fan also from the late 80s. Pull it out and take it with you.

The last time I changed it I thought, "I'll go with a Volvo fan this time." Not only was the fan $150 US (!!!!!) but it required metal work to fit! I took it back and the Chevy fan dropped right in.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Odd that both didn't drop right in, last couple I changed, the original Volvo fan said AC Delco on it with the exact same part number as the $18 fan from Schucks.

Reply to
James Sweet