V 70 2001 / 2002 Model

I have bought a V70 Which was first registered in October 2001. I have now been advised that based on the service book the car is a 2002 model, is this possible and if so how.

Reply to
Andy Mann

i think the vin number should tell you....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Reply to
Rob Guenther

U¿ytkownik "Andy Mann" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:aDf0e.144$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...

I think every model is produced since august previous year (my v70 model

2000 is produced 10'1999, first registered 10.12.1999) the same thing is in other cars (at least Opel and VW)
Reply to
lucky

"Andy Mann" :

In Pennsylvania I bought an Austin Healey Sprite that had been on the dealer's lot for a while. They didn't make changes very many years. That year they didn't make any changes so the 1964 model became a 1965 model on September 1, 1964.

It is normal for a true new model to be introduced the year before. I have never heard of a model being introduced on January 1. It just doesn't happen. However, models like the "2003" XC90 was introduced in the middle of 2002 but was prohibited from being registered as a "2003 model" until some date like September 1st.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

"Rob Guenther" skrev i meddelandet news:ydl0e.35600$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

In april 2003 my school bought a bran new V70, registered as a -04. /Erik Lidén

Reply to
Erik Lidén

Actually in the US, from what I understand the law is only one January

1st per model year. Any car made between Jan 2 2002 and Dec 31 2003 (almost 2 complete years) can be called a 2003 model. Although I don't know for a fact I think Canada is the same.
Reply to
Mike F

Check your VIN, 8. digit from left. If it is 1 then it is 2001 model. My Volvo was ordered on April 2003 and it is 2004 model. On the market in Finland it is 2003 "model" because it is forst registered in 2003.

I don't how it is in your country.

Timo

Andy Mann kirjoitti viestissä:aDf0e.144$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...

Reply to