Haynes Manual 'V' Reg V40.

The V40 Haynes manuals go up to 1999 'V' Reg. I have a 99 'V' Reg V40 but have been caught before with other car models that despite the reg are the model from the next year on. Am I OK in this case or do I need to check more carefully? Thanks for any advice. Roger.

Reply to
Rog

You probably need to be slightly wary. I have an October 1999 registered V70 - which is actually a 2000 Model Year car. I have a Haynes manual which covers 1996-P to 1999-V - but it doesn't give a range of VIN numbers to be able to see whether my car is officially included. [I *know* some bits are not, because it explicitly dosen't cover diesels - and mine's a diesel - but I was aware of that when I bought the book].

Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills

Ummmm, Ta!!!!

Reply to
Rog

Try the Haynes diesel engine manual which includes Renault diesels used in the S/V40. Haynes reference is 3286.

Cheers, Peter.

: > >

: > You probably need to be slightly wary. I have an October 1999 registered : > V70 - which is actually a 2000 Model Year car. I have a Haynes manual : which : > covers 1996-P to 1999-V - but it doesn't give a range of VIN numbers to be : > able to see whether my car is officially included. [I *know* some bits are : > not, because it explicitly dosen't cover diesels - and mine's a diesel - : but : > I was aware of that when I bought the book]. : >

: > Roger : >

: >

: Ummmm, Ta!!!! : : : --- : Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free but who really knows!! : Checked by AVG anti-virus system

Peter Milnes

Do you know whether it includes the Audi diesel used in the S/V70?

Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills