V40 engine

Hi you all!

Can anyone tell me which contructor has made the engine of my 1998 V40? The engine code is B4184S 1751cc 85kw.

Thanks a lot!

Nicola

Reply to
nikkor

Volvo make all the White Block modular motors. (i.e. the 4, 5, and 6 cylinder)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Tim.. ha scritto:

mmm... I think this one i a Renault... On V40 the only gasoline engine made by Volvo himself is the 2.0, a 4 cylinder based on the 2.400 5 cylinders whith on cylinder less. This is the one you are speaking about. But the one I have on my car ins't that glorious one... and I'm very sorry. I hade to change my '94 855 2.0 10v and I found myself with a non-volvo engine... :(

Reply to
nikkor

Well you are wrong. The 4 cyl engines in S40 and V40 are Volvo engines. The Renault engines ended with the 440/460 series, atleast if its petrol.

Greetings Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard

Sorry, but the 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 16v petrol (gasoline) units are all Volvo.

The Phase 1 S40 / V40 TD's are plain Renault engines, the later Phase two cars use a much modded by Volvo engine that started off as a Renault unit.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

There was also a V40 with a Mitshubishi (GDI motor), the B4184SM, maybe that's the one you are looking for!

"nikkor" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

Reply to
Rob040

Tim you are right. It's a Renault engine that is modifided by Volvo. White block engine's that are only Volvo are the 5 cil. I have the same engine that the poster has and it is in basic a Renault.

"Tim.." schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

Reply to
janluke