V40 TD "97 question

Just recently I bought my fourth Volvo, a 1997 V40 TD with a "french" engine.

I replaced:

- diesel fuel filter ( no air in fuel lines)

- air filter

- front suspension rubbers (what a job!!!!)

- oil

- the shock absorber that is attached to the gas lever

When I accelerate I feel litle shocks in the cars movement as if one "sparkplug" is misfireing no matter what gear I'm in. Sometimes it seems gone. When above 2000 rpm there seems to be nothing wrong. There is no smoke comming out off the exhaust. The car has run 285.000 km's. The turbo works fine and the wheels are running free. No indicators on the dash stay on after ignition.

A garage nearby told me that the fuelpump's regulator has "play" in it and that the pump needs an overhaul (Euro 500 - 600 Euro's).

Couls this be anything else? I would appreciate any help or info.

All the best,

Martijn

144 244 262C V40
Reply to