V70 2000 old shape Bump starting

Hi I know this may sound like a stupid question but is it possible to bump start a v70 automatic with a flat battery I have had some advice which goes along the line of this being possible in reverse only but I have tries this and it didnt work I have also been told its possible to tow-start the car but the speed which has to be reached is quite high thus making this quite dangerous can anyone help Many thanks Mark

Reply to
Mark

You can't bump start anything with an automatic, it has to be manual.

Get someone with some booster cables to start it for you.

Reply to
James Sweet

Actually, it is possible to 'roll start' automatics if they have a rear pump. My old 122S with the Borg-Warner 3 speed auto would do it quite easily. I don't know how many modern automatics have a rear pump, though.

Reply to
mjc1

Do NOT attempt to bump or tow start ANY auto. End of story.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

As others have said before- you can do it with an old school mechanical box with rear pump, but not on anything newer. Therefore just assume you can't, as ££££ repairs often follow.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..