V70 diesel injector removal for overhaul

I am trying to remove the diesel injectors from my 1997 V70.

They seem to be stuck in position and "reasonable" pulling force doesn't seem to remove them.

They do seem to be able to turn, so I guess they are in O ring seals and perhaps just need more pulling force.

Are there any tricks to breaking the 10 year old seal (like loosening the bridge bolt a bit and starting the engine) or cranking it over without the fuel pump running ( how can this be done ?)

Thanks,

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Usually some carbon around the tip, plus dry seals.

You can either ply them with plus-gas or similar at regualr intervals for

24hrs or so, waggling inbetween, and / or running the engine with the clamps loose (not removed). Seeing as you will be replacing all the fire washers, seals and tips some damaging blow-by wont hurt for a very short period.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Hi Tim,

Thanks for that - I'll give that a try when the rain stops !

As I will have to take the injector lines off to remove them, any idea how to re-prime them quickly, or is it a case of cranking and cranking till they bleed themselves ? Does this take long do you know ? The local diesel overhaul place apparently charge approx £25 to £30 per, after doing a spray pattern test to see if an overhaul is needed, which I guess sounds reasonable.

Thanks again

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Sounds too cheap to me. Nozzles and seals and pressure set up, plus labour, plus vat ought to be more in the region of £50 each. Check what they are offering to do for the £30...

I cap the ends of the injector pipes with little rubber caps, i am sure you can rig something similar. When refitting, crank the engine over with the pipes re connected, but slack, tighten acouple, crank some more til it shows signs of firing, then another 2. Should start on 4 then. Retighten the 5th. Degrease and wash off, job done.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..