22RE injector seal

While trying to find the intake manifold "mystery bolt" I pulled the fuel rail and injectors out of my 95 pickup. The seals on the bottom of the injectors were crispy critters and fell apart when the injectors came out of the manifold. All my local parts stores and the Toyota dealer tell me I have to buy new ($800) or rebuilt ($235) injectors, because they are part of the injector and not sold seperately. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to get the 15 or 20 bucks worth of seals that will get me back on the road. Thanks in advance, scomide

Reply to
scomide

Try a junk yard for any vehicle with a 22RE engine, or try a copper washer and see if that works.

Reply to
Ray O

Hmmm...I was warned when I swapped my Celica engine for a 22R-E out of a truck NOT to use the truck injectors in the car! This came from a very reliable source, a guy who used to be a Toyota tech when these cars were new.

Let me look...I may be able to find the injectors we took out of the truck. I threw a bunch of stuff out; I may not have them anymore...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Good point, I should have made it clearer - take the gaskets off of the injectors, not the entire injector.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks for the help, I tried my local junk yard but the only one they have has the injectors already pulled and the seals were gone with the injectors. It needs to be a rubber seal for expansion and contraction of the engine. The only thing that holds down pressure on the injector at the top is another rubber seal that takes up the space between the fuel rail and the injector. No problem getting the top seal ring and o-ring set, NAPA had it on the shelf. I was hoping someone out there had already gone through all this and had found a place to get them. Thanks again, scomide

Reply to
scomide