V70 Wheel lock nuts

I had a problem with the above so took all four of today. I have replaced the lock nuts with four others but they are not the right length. Are all V70 wheel nuts the same.

Reply to
Wayne Kerr

Apparently not! My 1999/2000 (old shape) V70 doesn't have wheel nuts at all - it has wheel bolts which screw into tapped holes in the hubs.

Reply to
Bonnet Lock

Ditto. On my '01 V70 XC they are bolts and not nuts. This makes a lot of sense, since if the threads get buggered up by a loose wheel, you just replace the bolt and not the hub. However, it makes it harder to change tires since you just have a small pin to line up the wheel with. I don't think NASCAR will ever adopt this system.

Reply to
Stephen Henning