Visco for V740 B230F

Hallow! I'm looking for the Visco for my V740 (1988 year) with B230F. The ventylator is all the time turn on, so the car is so noisy, when the temperature of engine is small ventylator is also turn on. It's turn on in cold and hot engine.

Can I buy the new visco in internet? If You know some links please send me.

Thenks for all.

Reply to
sq1euo

This link

points to RockAuto's listing for the viscous fan clutch for the 1988 740GLE. I don't know if the cheaper one is as good as the more expensive one. I have had them last several years or go bad within a year. Since yours seems to be stuck, it may also be shaking the water pump. It is better to replace it soon so it doesn't damage the water pump bearings.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

U¿ytkownik "Michael Pardee" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news: snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net...

The water pump is in good condition (I think),..the temperature of the engine is normal in summer and in winter is in the same place (the termometer indicate veritical,..its in half) the temperature of the engine isn't depent of the season or weater or air temperature. So i think that the cooling system is in good condition,...in interior now (in winter) i've got hot so the water pump work so good.

The noisy is only from ventylator. When I hit the pedal of accelerate deep into floor, my Volvo sounding like a jumbo-jet :)) The ventylator works with engine all the time and the noisy is very high. The mechnics said that all is ok, with my engine (400 000 km), but only visco is brake down, and i must repair it or change for new one.

Sorry for my english... :))

Reply to
sq1euo

Your english is *much* better than my polish! 8^)

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Check the water pump shaft for wiggle, that's how you know if the bearings are ok. Another option if you want a quiet fan is to replace the engine driven one with an electric fan. 940s used a setup like this, but plenty of good aftermarket ones are available.

Reply to
James Sweet

Uzytkownik "James Sweet" napisal w wiadomosci news:r_oif.4795$AB2.1622@trnddc08...

I don't understand exactly. I can used electric fan from 940 ? But, this model have had electric fan in B230 engines?? When I should put the gauge of temperature to turn on the fan?? I think that the visco is good idea,but new in Poland is expensive (~$

130 ), so I looking for the cheaper one.

Please write me ones again about water pump,...what I must check!?

-- Jarek (SQ1EUO) - V740 B230F + LPG (1988) snipped-for-privacy@wp.pl snipped-for-privacy@stud.pam.szczecin.pl GG:1277234

Reply to
sq1euo

Yes 940's (at least here) use an electric primary fan behind the radiator, the water pump pulley is simply bolted on with no fan or viscous clutch. It's nice because it's quiet, but the engine driven fan works fine. I don't know what temperature the fan comes on but thermostats are available.

Can you find a scrap yard to get a used viscous clutch from? That would be the cheap solution.

For the water pump, just grab the fan and wiggle it, if the shaft wiggles in the bearing then the pump should be replaced.

Reply to
James Sweet