Volvo 2005 S40 2.4i Lemon - Anyone Beat Me?

Hi All,

Here's a list of problems I've had with my car:

Dented Door Guard (on pickup of car) Radio Lockup - Software Issue Climate Control Wacky - Software Issue Mirror light popped out - Manufacturing Defect? Steer Wheel Control Module Failure - Hardware Issue Passanger Airbag Failure

Reply to
Spam Catcher

I have the same radio issue (its happened twice), did Volvo have a permanent fix? I found resetting the radio fuse is a quick fix. Since I live 45 minutes away from the dealer, I haven't taken the car (05 S40

2.4i) in for this issue. I was going to mentioned it to them when I take the car in for its 15K check up. I also did have the check engine light go on within two months of buying the car, something to do with software (new software corrected the issue). Other than those items, great car.

Mike

Spam Catcher wrote:

Reply to
M. Sexauer

Reply to
Glenn

"M. Sexauer" wrote in news:zk_cg.13792$oA6.6882@trnddc06:

Yes, Volvo had a software upgrade for the console - that fixed the radio lockups. The climate control problems may also have been related to the radio lockup ... since I got the software upgrade last year, my radio/climate control has been perfect.

Reply to
Spam Catcher

Spam Catcher wrote in news:Xns97CE811184C87usenethoneypotrogers@127.0.0.1:

SORRY I LIED!!!

DAMN IT WAS 37 DEGREES CENTIGRADE OUTSIDE (90F?) AND MY CAR WAS BLASTING OUT HOT AIR.

I'M POed... I just took my car in for service on Thursday, no I have to go back in!!!

What a POS : (

Reply to
Spam Catcher

Spam Catcher wrote in news:Xns97CCB59FF8FCAusenethoneypotrogers@127.0.0.1:

Reply to
Spam Catcher

Spam Catcher wrote in news:Xns97D38B0EA44DFusenethoneypotrogers@127.0.0.1:

We had:

Computer goes bad at 5K miles Computer goes bad at 10K miles Seatbelts all locked up at 15K miles It just rolled over 20K and the A/C started turning off/on/off/on/off/on... so my wife turns it off and rolls down the windows despite it being 104 degrees and immediately the car over heated.

We just picked up her loaner while they have the happy time of replacing the head gasket to be safe and try to figure out why everything went crazy... again! Of course, the loaner is a brander new 2008 S80 and boy is it nice. Still not worth the price though.

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Crandall