volvo 850 remote locking help please

i have an 95 850, with the ga ii remote alarm and central locking, its the one with the single lock/unlock button plus a panic button,

i find that the first time in the day that i use it the car will not unlock, its takes about 4 goes to unlock, the battery is new in the remote, once i have used it, the rest of the day is fine, and it locks/unlocks first time.

any help on this, ?

i was told that the aerial is in the steering column shroud, which does make it not work at very great distances, but i always stand next to the car,

colin

Reply to
Col

[...]

Maybe dirty contactson the remote fob? Otherwise you just need a new fob

Reply to
Conrad Edwards

I was experiencing similar symptoms.

I believe Col's suggestion about dirty contacts in the remote fob is dead-on right. I cleaned my 1997 fob's contacts at a Radio Shack one day when replacing the batteries proved to be unnecessary.

The contacts are still not perfect and I find that I must use firm pressure, longer pushes, and give the car a chance to receive the signal. My patience usually pays off with an unlock.

Reply to
Whats In a Name