Volvo 850 Remove Steering Wheel/ Horn

HI,

I need to check the condition of the horn connections inside the steering wheel. Could anyone give me some instructions on how to get to the connections? I can't see a way of either removing the front panel of the steering wheel or the steering wheel itself.

I'm aware of the Airbag problems this may cause but have a fix for this.

I just need to get to it!

Any help much appreicated.

Thanks Scott

Reply to
cityboy13

There are two T30 screws on the back of the steering wheel that release the airbag from the steering wheel. The back of the airbag frame is used as a conductor between the horn contacts.

See:

a repair kit to replace the biodegraded horn contacts. Bob

Reply to
User

Reply to
cityboy13