Volvo 850 - Squeaky Window?

One window on my Volvo has recently starting emitting a squeaky sound when going down. Like the rubber on the window is rubbing hard again the pane. Is there something you can safely put on that to stop the rubbing sound? Thanks Charlie

Reply to
Charliec

There's a little bolt on (or maybe rivet on) channel on the rear of the door. The window goes so close to the lock that there's not room for a continuous channel there. Eventually the rubber falls out of this extension channel. You can pick it up out of the bottom of the door and glue it into the channel. On my S70, I noticed the rubber was only worn on one side, so I removed the passenger door one, and put it on the driver's side, putting the worn driver's side rubber in to the passenger door. This saves about $50 CDN and a trip to the dealer.

Reply to
Mike F

Thanks Mike.

Reply to