Volvo AWD

Some of these cars in the UK are looking to be good value for money. Pro's and Cons please?

ttfn.....Al

Reply to
Alistair Ross

bfiske

Hi, Al - - -

Your note sounds like an interest in a new car, but if not . . .

We have one of each, a 98 V70XC with the viscous coupling and an 02 S60AWD, with the Haldex electronic system. Neither has failed to provide less than what we felt was needed. You have no idea that the car is so equipped until it *doesn't* make a noise you were expecting, or etc.

The current (Haldex) is the more flexible, in that the vehicle can be towed with one set of wheels not turning, where the viscous coupling required all four wheels to be off the ground if going for an unexpected run to the Dealer. Since this has never been necessary with either vehicle, that info is of philosophic interest only, but adds a measure of reassurance in these days of no "fall-back" from anything that has upset the onboard computer.Good luck,

bob noble Reno, NV, USA

Reply to
Bob Noble