Volvo mechanic, Lawrence, KS?

Any experience or recommendations? Closest dealer is in KC, MO, a little too far for one-day turnaround.

Reply to
C_Betley

Red Hat Racing, and in my opinion did not catch the obvious on the first or second try. My female co-worker that makes the drive every day to KC, MO had a $1400 bill for diagnostics and repair parts for poor gas milage and performance by the time they were not done and she finally took it to:

Vern's Import Service

9829 W. 67th. Merriam, KS

Who had it back the same day and no trouble since after replacing the AMM.

Just my opinion, but it might be worth the drive up the road.

She does a lot of her own work on the auto but was not confident enough to tackle the timing belt and front seals which wound up costing her $1200 in parts and labor. She found out later the $280 timing belt they charged her for could have been gotten from the dealer for $86 or aftermarket for $56. Even at $120 for a flatbed tow to KC, MO, she would have saved money.

Your experience may be different....

Duane Hoberg OD Guru (Laycock Only)

83 245 M46 268xxx 85 245 AW70 162xxx Overland Park, KS
Reply to
Duane Hoberg