Body parts repair advice

Our 850's hood was backed into. The grill is mushed and there is a dent in the metal just above the grill. I filed a claim with our insurance, but would like additional advice on how to proceed.

The grill may be bendable, but the mush is deep enough that I think it would either break when being pulled out, or at least look poor. The DentGuy said the location of the dent is not accessible and he can't repair it.

My guess is the insurance will offer a new hood. Is it likely that they would replace it with a (potentially inferior) 3rd party part, or would only Volvo parts be available? How would I specify Volvo parts if there is a choice? Any guess as to cost? (My deductible is $500.)

Any other info appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Phil Lefebvre

Assuming you're in the US, your insurance company is obligated to use genuine factory parts and you should insist they do this. If I remember right there was a lawsuit about this a while back.

Reply to
James Sweet