Volvo S80 mirror glass replacement?

I have a cracked mirror glass on my S80. I can't figure out how to remove the glass. On my 740 the back of the glass was accessible from bolow. Does anyone know how I can get behind the mirror to remove the glass? thanks

Reply to
pfk1006

If it's anything like my 850 and most modern cars so far as I know, it simply pulls off towards the rear of the car - no need to "get behind" the mirror.

It may help to set the mirror to its extremities of movement so you can get your fingers behind one corner. They do take a bit of a tug to come away though - you have to watch not to cut yourself.

On the 850 the glass is also attached via two wires on spade terminals for the heating element - I presume all S80s have heated mirrors too?

HTH,

AJ

Reply to
AJ MacLeod