Volvo Touch Up Paint Help

Greetings,

My S80 volvo just got a rock chip in the hood that's half the size of a pencil's eraser. Thanksfully no dent. It's a half moon shape and right in the very middle of the chip you can see the steel thru the primer. The tiny little bit with the steel showing is very very small but I'm wondering if I need to put a half a drop of primer on it first before using the Volvo Touch Up Paint and Clear Coat. I showed the chip to my local Volvo Dealer and he wasn't sure. Spoke to a body shop and they didn't think so saying the Volvo Touch Up Paint (Pen) should take care of it. Anyone touched up their Volvo with the Volvo Touch Up kit before and wish to share any thoughts on the process? Many Thanks!

Jethro

Reply to
Jethro Jackson

The better the repair the better the protection. I would put a drop of rust converter on first, then a drop of primer, a rub down and more primer if necessary, then touch-up paint then, clear coat.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

Tell me how everything works out

I need to get rid of the few rock chips, very few scratches and one minor ding on the otherwise nearly showroom condition paint of the parents' 1993

960.
Reply to
Rob Guenther

The S80 hood is beautifully crafted of aluminum to save weight. It sounds like the bare metal is a very small area, you should be fine just with the touch-up paint because it will span the bare metal portion no problem. Use two or three coats.

Reply to
Spanky

I almost forgot to mention - the trunk lid is made of aluminum to save weight also.

Reply to
Spanky