Volvo V70 Alloy Wheels

I have a 98 V70 with 15x6.5 alloy wheels that have 43mm offset, 5x108 bolt pattern. I have purchased the same size Volvo wheels with the same offset and bolt pattern that came off a 2003 S60. The listing for the wheel at the dealer says they are for 2001 - 2003 Volvo's. I fit one on the my 98 V70 and it seems to be a perfect fit. The only issues were: 1) I had to remove the locating pin the also holds the brake rotor in place, the S60 wheels have exposed lugbolts so no hole for the locating pin, I will replace the pin with a bolt to hold the rotor on. 2) The S60 mounting flange is a hair thicker than the other wheels, I can thread the lugbolt into the hub 7 full turns on the S60 wheel and almost 8 turns on the other wheels that are a bit thinner.

My questions are: Does anyone have any technical reason why I shouldn't use the S60 wheels on my 98 V70? Is 7 full turns on the lugbolts sufficient or should I get longer lugbolts (I may have to anyway since the lugbolts are exposed and the ones I have are not chromed)?

Thanks for your help, Ben

Reply to
Ben

\ Will the V70 wheels fit on a 240??

thanks

y > I have a 98 V70 with 15x6.5 alloy wheels that have 43mm offset, 5x108

Douglas Stimac, M.A. Clinical Graduate Student Department of Psychology University of South Florida Tampa, Florida, 33612 email: snipped-for-privacy@luna.cas.usf.edu

Reply to
Douglas Stimac (PSY)

No, they have 18mm too much positive offset, so they'll position the wheel too far in so they'll hit the inner fenders and struts.

Reply to
Mike F

I suppose he could use an 18mm spacer ring - but I'm not sure that would be a good idea. At least is *is* possible this way round - whereas, if you tried to fit 240 wheels on a V70 they would be too far out and there would be nothing you could do about it.

Cheers, SS

Reply to
Set Square

Sure you could do something about having the wheels stick out, install a wide body kit or fender flares, lower it, put on 17" wheels and racing tires and head to the track! ;)

ala 1994 BTCC Volvo 850 Estate!!! (the fenders weren't allowed to be flared in

1994, but later years allowed this mod)
Reply to
Myron Samila