wanted clutch kit for 740GLE in UK

Anyone got one lying around? A new one would not make economic sense, more's the pity!

Reply to
R Strong

From a point at sea, to the circles of your mind, this is R Strong:

EuroCarParts

do a budget range of clutch kits for around £60 - though in fact the non-budget stuff (dunno what make) is not much more expensive.

Alternatively, try German Swedish & French

of their stuff seems even cheaper.

Reply to
Stewart Hargrav

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

Going price for late model 740s is around £500 in UK at present.

Cheers, Peter.

: >Cheers, Peter. : >

:
Reply to
Peter Milnes

Depends on what you mean by economic sense, but the sound of it you want to keep the car. Noone's compare the cost of maintenance to the value of car anymore. Many of us have cars worth virtually nothing (on the 2nd hand market) but are happy to spend hundreds of pounds on maintenance if needed (thankfully not usually on the Volvo). The main reason is that the market doesn't really recognise a well maintained car, and buying a replacement usually means buying a load of hidden problems, or collection of worn parts which we have already replaced in our 'valueless' cars.

In my opinion unless a car has been maintained badly it should nearly always be worth maintaining with the best parts, especially the better lasting Volvo's. A few cars have got away from me, but by rust and simply having too many cars. Of course you sometimes have to accept the fact that you've let some of those jobs too long and don't have the time to do everything.

If you are keeping a car fix it properly, otherwise sell it needing repair or scrap it. If you are selling it, and the selling value is more than the cost of repair (inlcuding how much you value your time) then fix it properly.

Also if anyone had a new clutch kit lying around, they'd probably want the nearly new value.

-- Tony Stanley ++Always Learning++

Reply to
Tony Stanley