What were the "update" in the final 1993 model?

I hear that they were numbered and had woodgrain details. Any truth to that and what else? Did they make the 240dl stuff standard on the 240 and not have a dl or gl any longer? Thanks, joseph

Reply to
jsegura525

Hi Joseph,

Yes there is truth in that..... We got one, a wagon with stick-shift, in April '93, one of the last to be shipped over here. (It was sitting on the dock in Stockholm, or Gutenberg or wherever when our order was confirmed, pity........ I was hoping to get the locking differential fitted at the factory.) Even so this was exciting. We were able to watch it come off the Vancouver Island ferry, then follow the transporter to Victoria where I was given the "honor" of driving it off.

There was no dl or gal for '93 models. They were all badged "240".

The "final 1993 model" that you ask about was badged "240 CLASSIC". Not all '93's were Classics. The "extras" on the Classic were:

  1. The woodgrain details you mention. Actually one "detail", a wood inlay on the dash (real Swedish lumber....). 2. Paint job unique among 240's: a choice of two, metallic blue-green (which is ours) and a metallic dark red. 3. Body colour exterior mirrors. 4.Chrome grill. 5.Body colour grill surround. 6.Alloy wheels. 7."240 Classic" badge on rear. 8.A plaque on the dash "240 Classic Limited Edition No. 593/1600".

There were only 1600 Classics shipped world-wide. Ours is No. 593.

BTW, what is your interest in the 240 Classic? Have you found one?

Andy I.

Reply to
Andy