Where is the "main fuse" under the hood?

1987 Volvo 740 GLE. I was told to check a main fuse under the hood. Where would this be? Specifically, one related to the fuel pump. Possibly 25amp. By the battery? What does it look like?

Thanks! Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

I thought the fuses on the 7xx series were behind the ashtray.

Reply to
mdrawson

That's what I thought. I have some 240 owners advising this. Might be thinking of 240s and not 740s.

Thanks

Reply to
Jamie

I had a 7xx series (mid-80's somewhere), and currently have a '91 940, and in both, the fuses are behind the ashtray. I don't know anything about a "main" fuse.

Reply to
mdrawson

on my '89 240 wagon, there is a "main fuse" just in front of the left-side strut mount... pulling it clears the computer memory (and also kills the fuel pump power)... Don't know about the 740, but might be similar.....

Reply to
Perry Noid

I'll have to look on my 245 to see. There is no such thing that I can see on my 740.

thanks.

Reply to
Jamie

My '87 745 has a 25a fuse on the passenger side(US market car) inner front fender well, just in front of the overflow coolant tank and the radio noise suppression relay.

Shape is the same as those in the relay/fuse panel, but appears to be a bit larger.

joe

Reply to
Joe

Volvo manuals are available on line at;