E39 - Where is Heater Blower Fuse?

I have a 2001 year 5 series - the AC/heater fan blower stopped working so I went to check if the fuse is blown.

I can't find the fuse - it is listed as # 76; rated at 40A.

The fuse is not in the glove box, or in the trunk.

I'm told there is also a fuse box under the hood - does anyone know where it is?

Reply to
Bill Stevenson

the fuse will definately be in the glove box or in the rear but without looking im not sure which but they have a small number next to them usually another cause may be your heater fan resister may have gone down which is a fairly common problem does the fan speed indicator speed change when you increase the speed setting the box under the bonnet is the ebox and contains control units and a couple of relays but i dont think any are for the fan let me know how you get on ill be able to check for deffinate if you are stuck

Reply to
bm mech via CarKB.com

There are apparently fuses in the ECU box, in addition to the glove box and trunk.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers