New power for the D5 engine

I heard from someone that the D5 engine power will growth from 163 bhp to 185 bhp in the next few weeks. I would like to have confirmation on this information and additionnaly to know if this new power will be available also on the S60 model, my friend said to me it will we reserved to the XCV 90 ?

Regards

Philippe

Reply to
Sowhat

A tuning box, or Superchips or Powerbox or whatever on the D5 liberates approximately 195bhp- this is the cheaper option- certainly in the UK.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

" Tim (Remove NOSPAM." schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ctqjdm$cm9$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com...

Yes, but you will loose immediately all guarantees. When it comes to problems VOLVO checks this very carefully. And, maybe only in germany: you drive a car without insurance (because your car is out of specifications) A legal tuning box or chip costs is 1500 euros in germany.... And, do not forget: the gearbox can handle only some 400NM torque, and I`m not sure, how much torque moment the rest of the engine can handle for a longer time.

Jürgen

Reply to
Jürgen Schrader

In the UK, Superchips itself warrant the engine, transmission and driveshafts for the duration you own the vehicle, even if the manurfacturer (volvo in this case) wont.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.