Anyone going to the Saab Festival in Sweden next week?

Anyone in here going to the Saab Festival in Sweden next week?

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

in article snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com, Saab Guy at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 07/06/2005 15:51:

No!!!!! Will people _please_ stop tormenting me with that link? Please? :) Anyone going ... Enjoy it. You'll see more SAABs, but my beer will be cheaper :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Paul,

I will be there!!

I am bringing my DV camera to take some videos too in addition to my Digital camera to take hundreds of photos!!

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

camera to take hundreds of photos!!

Is there any genuine truth to the rumour that GM are using the event to close down the Trollhattan plant and 'roll out' the last Saab from the facility?

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

in article snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com, Saab Guy at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 07/06/2005 15:51:

I've just read this on another newsgroup. There are rumours that the festival will be used to formally close SAAB production in Trollhättan ... Looks like you lucky SAABers will get a first look at the new Chevvy.

Just to wind you guys up ... I'm just jealous I'm not going, that's all :)

For immediate release Thursday 9 June 2005 ALOHA! CELEBRITY LOVE ISLAND STAR ARRIVES IN SHOWROOMS

- Celebrate the new Matiz launch with a £500 upgrade The wait is finally over! Come in and say 'aloha' to your local Chevrolet retailer on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 June and help celebrate the arrival of the real star of ITV's Celebrity Love Island - the all new Chevrolet Matiz at its debut in Britain's showrooms. Every customer placing an order for a Matiz 0.8S on Saturday 18 or Sunday 19 June will receive a free upgrade to the 1.0SE - that's a saving of £500! In addition customers who visit a Chevrolet retailer over the launch weekend could be in the running to win a fabulous new Matiz in a special competition. The new Chevrolet Matiz could well become the cheapest car to run in the UK. Priced from just £6,095 on the road, the cheeky Matiz comes complete with three years' free servicing, the lowest annual vehicle excise duty, up to 67mpg on out-of-town journeys and insurance starts at group 1. That takes some beating! A simple range but all great value There are three models available in the new Chevrolet Matiz line-up - S, SE and SX. The smaller 0.8 litre engine comes in the entry level S model; this is priced at £6,095. The 1.0 litre engine, ideal for those who make slightly longer journeys or spend a little time on the motorway, is more powerful yet still frugal. This engine comes in SE and SX models where 'big car' features such as air-conditioning, electric rear windows and alloy wheels are included. The 1.0SE is priced at £6,595 (air-conditioning costs £400 more on this model) and the fully equipped 1.0SX is £7,695. Insurance ratings are 1 for the 0.8S, 2 for the 1.0SE and 3 for the 1.0SX. We've got lots to see and do and even some giveaways for the kids, so for your nearest retailer please go to

or call 0800

666222 for further information. Notes to Editors Chevrolet is the global value brand of General Motors, the world's largest car manufacturer. The brand sells in 90 countries across the globe with a new Chevrolet sold every 16 seconds. A record 175 million have been sold since the brand was founded in 1911. Chevrolet has been relatively unknown in Europe but now its comprehensive model line up of value for money cars is available in all markets. All Chevrolet products benefit from Chevrolet's peace of mind package, with three years' free servicing, three years' comprehensive warranty and three years' AA Total recovery service.
Reply to
Paul Halliday

camera to take hundreds of photos!!

Reply to
SmaartAasSaabr

That car sickens me. It was bad enough as a Daewoo, but as a Chevy, it is just wrong. There are so many historically great Chevies (Nova, Impala, Camaro, Corvette, the 55,56,57 finned monsters), and we get re-badged cars that were bad when they admitted to being Korean.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Paul,

I am bringing my Video Camera, so I could make the videos from the event av= ailable to everyone here.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

Digital camera to take hundreds of photos!!

I will make sure the videos I take available to everyone as well!

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy