whistleing 850. UK

Hi, I have an L reg 850 auto estate, and recently due to the cost of fuel over here I have started to take my foot off the pedal on down hill runs in the hope that it gives me just that little bit more to get me to the petrol station when the tank gets low. I have noticed a whistling sound coming from under the bonnet when I do this, but it stops when I put my foot back down a bit. So you think this is anything to worry about, or a sign that something is leaking or something? I do have a problem every now and then with it just cutting out on me, no matter whether sprinting up the motorway in the outside lane or halfway round a roundabout. No spluttering or warnings just suddenly nothing there, could this be connected? Best wishes for the coming festive holiday to everyone, Chris

Reply to
bassdiva