Wiring diagram for 89 740GL

Hello guys, I have a 89 740GL.

My problem: It doesn't start unless we give jump even with a brand new battery with full charge. It doesn't even crank, selenoid doesn't click (engage). Sometimes, the car cranks but doesn't fire up. If any of you have an experience with this problem, please let me know.

I also need wiring diagram to pinpoint the faulty component. Does any of you have the wiring diagram?

PS: What is Volvo DFL , if anyone knows? (it is a computer program, i know that much)

TIA

Reply to
iamsinan

Which fuel/ignition combo does your car have? there are a couple of types including carburettor.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Dunno about DFL.

For the rest, look to see if your wiring has a separate terminal that goes under the nut on the positive battery post. Our '85 765T has one, and if that terminal doesn't make contact not much of anything turns on. The terminal loves to corrode and make poor contact, so its surfaces and the mating surfaces on the clamp have to be scraped or scoured periodically. I have even had trouble with the engine dying in left turns because of that.

While you are there, check the 10 AWG red, orange or brown (I could never decide) wire at the positive clamp that provides power to the ECU. Sometimes that corrodes in two and the fuel pump becomes intermittent or quits... it can be hard to track down. Just tug gently and make sure the wire doesn't fall apart.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

the car is a fuel injected one. I donot know more of that. I will check the corroded battery cables. PS: I'm a friend of the original message poster.

Reply to
uccoskun

If you're in North America then you have LH Jettronic injection and Bosch EZK ignition.

Reply to
James Sweet