Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

VIDEO: Volvo Truck versus Ferrari - MEAN GREEN
From Volvo VOLVO HYBRID TRUCK CHALLENGES A FERRARI! The Swedish racing legend, Boije Ovebrink, is not afraid to challenge other powerful vehicles with his hybrid truck, 'Mean Green'. For example, at...

New Volvo concept car coming to Frankfurt to showcase new Engines and Tech
From CS Volvo announced today that it plans to reveal a new concept car at next week's Frankfurt Motor show. This new study, pictures of which have not yet been released, will highlight the Swedish...

Volvo HD Radio TSBs - investigation ongoing
"HD Car Radio Investigation" "The trial lawyers at Keefe Bartels, LLC are currently investigating the marketing and sales of HD car radios by certain car manufacturers. Consumer statutes and laws...

Loost key V70 2001
Mrs. Tunku has mislaid her set of keys. It is for a V70 2001. It is a key with a separate fob. Anyone know what options I have in replacement? Can the missing key be deleted from the car?
2
2

'04 V70XC
My daughter bought an '04 with 95,000 miles and a new timing belt last week. The car ran very nicely for a week. It has now thrown 2 codes P0016 and P0234. The first having to do with the crank and...
2
2

Tire Pressure System Problems
My 2007 S-60 randomly turns on the tire system problems warning and the tire warning icon lights on the dash. This may stay on for hours or it may go off after a few minutes. The dealer says that the...
1
1

Replacing front brake rotor on 1991 740 wagon
Ok, got a warped rotor. Bought a replacement just in case. I've taken these off before, but I'm stymied now. I can get the caliper off, but the manual just says take the screws off the face of the...
1
1

Rear Brakes - 2001 V70
I noticed my rear near side brake was overheating, so suspected the caliper was sticking. I stripped the brake, cleaned all rust off, cleaned and lubed the slides, retracted the piston, which seems to...
7
7

blue smoke?
i find this concept hard to get behind. turbos should have a trickle of oil, that is not recoverved. not enough for smoke. which turbo did you get stuck w/? generally we just throw out the jap models....

V70 check engine light, cont'd.... now getting Evap codes
posted before about check engine light had coolant temp sensor changed at non-Volvo-specific garage light stayed on after repair took car back in, they said it might be the cable connecting sensor +...
1
1

Door Lock Rattle Volvo XC90
When I lock the right back passenger door with my remote key, or when I close the rear gate door, I hear this rattling noise coming from the locking mechanism on the same right back passenger door....
1
1

1986 240 34,000 miles - synthetic oil for auto transmission?
Just bought a 1986 240 with 34,000 miles... I've been reading a lot of old posts, but they all refer to manual gearboxes, not automatic. There's no service records, so I'm going to to be renewing all...
24
24

V70 Electrical Diagrams
You can download the electrical diagrams for the 1998 V70 from different places online, they correspond to the same scanned document, with pages out of sequence and page numbers in the document, not...
3
3

'98 V70 GLT "check engine" light - do not believe it is the gas cap
I know about the potential problem with a gas cap not on tightly enough. I have been over that bridge already. I always make sure it clicks audibly when refueling. I have also in the past, when this...
1
1

"check engine" light '98 V70 GTI
I am having problems with the "check engine" light. some months ago the light was on and two different providers told me after running the code check thing that the code check indicated that I needed...
1
1