Tire Pressure System Problems

My 2007 S-60 randomly turns on the tire system problems warning and the tire warning icon lights on the dash. This may stay on for hours or it may go off after a few minutes. The dealer says that the computer doesn't tell which tire has the bad sensor so I'd have to bring it in when the light is on to find the bad one. Since the light doesn't stay on long, it is unlikely that I will ever be at the dealer when it's malfunctioning.

Is there some easy way to check? If so, I'd just pull over when it goes on and run around the car with a geiger counter or whatever to identify the bad one.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

warning icon lights on the dash. This may stay on for hours or it may go off after a few minutes. The dealer says that the computer doesn't tell which tire has the bad sensor so I'd have to bring it in when the light is on to find the bad one. Since the light doesn't stay on long, it is unlikely that I will ever be at the dealer when it's malfunctioning.

run around the car with a geiger counter or whatever to identify the bad one.

Make sure that the tire PSI is set to 38 PSI and all tires are the same PSI & and yes the dealer has a tool to determine which sensor is not reading

Reply to
Glenn K