Loost key V70 2001

Mrs. Tunku has mislaid her set of keys. It is for a V70 2001. It is a key with a separate fob. Anyone know what options I have in replacement? Can the missing key be deleted from the car?

Reply to
Tunku

Yes you bring the car to the dealer who can cut a key & program it for you as for the remote same thing dealer can supply & program for you

Reply to
Glenn K

AIUI, if the lost key is deleted from the car, it will no longer start the engine.

*However*, it still fits the door-locks - so if it gets into the hands of some scrote who knows which car it fits, you could still lose any valuables left in the car. The only way to avoid this is to change all the locks and keys.

I had this problem a couple of years ago, when an airport parking outfit lost my 2007 V70 key. I was arguing the toss with them about changing the locks - on the basis that an employee of theirs may be operating a scam - and would know where to find the car from my details on file. In the event, the original key turned up about two weeks later - it had been dropped on the floor of another customer's car, and was found when the customer returned from his holidays!

Reply to
Roger Mills